Friday, March 31, 2006

A Jealous Co-Worker.....

Below is a blog entry that my co-worker wrote about me a couple of days ago on her website. Just like Milton on Office Space, I was asked to move my desk to the other side of the office. I chose to move my desk into the cubicle next to this co-worker because I thought she was one of my friends...After reading her blog, I wonder if she is still my friend or just jealous of all my achievments? You judge for yourself. Here's her entry....

New Neighbor
by JR

The cube next to mine has been empty for eons but today at work I got a new neighbor. Ok- yeah I was jazzed at first, especially since half of the people I worked with got laid off a few months back. I thought "Great! Some new entertainment to help pass my crappy days."

As I walk to my desk this morning, I notice something different. Hmmmm....is there some type of large object propped between my desk and my new neighbor's? Nooooo. There are THREE objects on the partition between my desk and my neighbor's. What the f*** is it?

Oooohhhhh interesting. My new neighbor has strategically placed different service (and sport) awards to face MY desk. He must have placed the awards here (facing me) because he doesn't have enough room on his desk....or does he? I stood up slowly and peaked over the partition into his cube. Funny, there's plenty of room on his desk for awards. Could he just be rubbing these achievements in my face? Did he put these awards here to mock me day in and day out? I mean, come on buddy, of course I wish that I had won the MVP award in our fantasy football league last year. Isn't that every girl's dream?

Around 3:00 pm I notice something moving out of the corner of my eye, so I look up to see what's there. WTF?!?!? Is he shining his awards!!!!! Oh my God --he is shining each award with a special polishing kit!

He sees me looking at him and so he smiles. I smiled back but then heard him begining to laugh. Not just any laugh though, it was this Dr. Evil creepy (I think I am better than you because I have awards on my desk and you don't so in your face lady!) type laugh. Then he asks me "So Jessica, don't you have any achievements that you are proud of? I noticed that you don't have any awards or certificates at your desk."

I thought -OK that does it! This mickey fickey is goin' down!

He turned around to talk to another co-worker and I snatched all of his awards from the partition and put them in my computer bag. In your face Mr. Award Man! Well see who gets the last Dr. Evil laugh!

No comments: